Subliminal messages are beneath the level of normal awareness, so that they pass straight into the unconscious without being filtered for appropriateness by the conscious mind.

In common use under the muzak in stores (allegedly to "stop theft"), and by evangelists of all stripes.

Subliminal is a Linux distribution for embedded devices. The idea was that you'd never notice that it was a Linux box, thus sneaking Linux into industrial applications.

Subliminal exists in eight primary versions, each with variants. They share the same ultra-compact memory footprint and ability to run from systems with no moving parts.

the specsheet runs something like this:

It's excellent for industrial monitoring applications. It belongs to Dexdyne, who are clueless and will never distribute it properly. (Maybe, guys, you'd like to TELL SOMEONE ABOUT IT?)

Subliminal is an Israeli hip hop group which rap in Hebrew, English, French, and the occasional bit of Arabic.

They are very popular at the moment in Israel particularly among arsim who tend to share the right-wing views expressed on their two albums, ha'or me'tziyon (the light from zion) and ha'or v'ha'tzal (the light and the shadow).

Website at www.subliminal.co.il

Sub*lim"i*nal (?), a. [Pref. sub- + L. limen threshold.] (Philos.)

Existing in the mind, but below the surface or threshold of consciousness; that is, existing as feeling rather than as clear ideas.

 

© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.