Stress fractures are tiny cracks in a bone. They are usually caused by repetitive stress combined with other factors, such as hyperpronation. Increasing the amount or intensity of a stressful activity like running, jumping or playing Ultimate Frisbee can cause stress fractures. Most stress fractures occur in load bearing areas, i.e. your lower legs and feet. More than 50% of all stress fractures are in the lower leg/shin area. Women are more susceptible to stress fractures than men, because of lower bone density. Stress fractures are treated with rest, ice, and staying off the affected area.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch.

Ouch.

Ow that hurts No it does NOT feel good ouch ouch ouch ouch.

Stress fractures are really painful and unpleasant. I really, strongly recommend that if you feel pain in your feet or lower leg, you take some time off. You will regret it otherwise. You will have to do things like slushing which is not fun at all, you won't be able to do hardly anything active because virtually every sport known to man requires you to put some load on your lower legs and feet. Walking will hurt. Standing up will hurt. You will learn to loathe stairs. You can do permanent damage to your body(if you get really bad stress fractures, they won't heal. Ever.) Stress fractures are not fun kids. If it hurts, stop doing it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.