Soulfly is Massimiliano A. Cavalera, aka Max Cavalera
Instrument: Guitar, and Throat
Former bands: Sepultura, and Nailbomb

Joe Nunez
Instrument: Drums
Former band: Fleshold

Mikey Doling
Instrument: Guitar
Former band: Snot

Marcelo Dias
aka Marcelo D. Rapp
Instrument: Bass
Nickname: Rapadura!
Former band: The Mist

Guitarists
Jackson Bandeira (Lucio Maia) - He recorded with Soulfly for the debut album. Jackson then returned to his band Nação Zumbi (his permanent band).

Logan Mader - Toured with Soulfly from April 23rd 1998-New Year's Eve 1998. Logan then left Soulfly to concentrate more on other musical interests.

Mikey Doling - With Soulfly from January 15th 1999-Present. He came to Soulfly after the lead singer for his previous band Snot (Lynn Strait R.I.P.) died in a three car accident.

Drummers
Roy Mayorga - Recorded and Toured with Soulfly for the debut album. Roy is also responsible for the Tribe (Fuck Shit Up Mix) remix, and Chaos B.C. remix. Roy left Soulfly on July 14th 1999.
Joe Nunez - Recorded "PRIMITIVE" with Soulfly and bringin' da shit to the world right now on tour!

Max Cavalera's fusion of metal, Brazilian drumming and hip hop. Formerly of speed metal/heavy metal band, Sepultura, Max quit after the other members fired his wife as their manager. Currently backed up by Joe Nunez, Marcelo Dias and former Snot guitarist Mikey Doling. Soulfly has also had several other guests including Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst, Burton C. Bell of Fear Factory, Sean Lennon, amongst others. During live performances, Durst's part has been often done by Max's nephew1. Soulfly also covers a number of Sepultura songs live. On one setlist to a live show in Amsterdam, Soulfly played Refuse/Resist, along with Roots, and also a bitchen cover of Bob Marley's Exodus.

Soulfly live is an energetic and crazy experience. Every time I saw them they were loud and the crowd was feeding off the energy. It led to some rather interesting moshpits. Soulfly also played on 2 Ozzfest tours, and the Worcester Palladium atleast once, I'm sure of it.


1I think it's his nephew, i haven't been into metal in a while, but I know it's a young kid, about 14-16 maybe...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.