Lion from Disney's The Lion King. Son of Mufasa and Sarabi, raised to be future king of the Pridelands and betrothed to Nala, until the young Simba is conned by his uncle Scar into unknowingly becoming bait for a trap (a wildebeest stampede, specifically) intended to kill both Simba and Mufasa, allowing Scar to become king. Though Mufasa is killed while attempting to rescue his son, Simba survives, only to be convinced by Scar that Mufasa's death was his death was his own fault. Upon believing this, Simba flees the Pridelands and nearly dies wandering in a desert.

Fortunately, Simba is rescued by Timon and Pumbaa, with whom he spends the next many years eating bugs and practicing the philosophy of Hakuna Matata. Simba, now an adult, one day happens into a chance encounter with Nala, who, having believed Simba dead, is able to convince Simba to return to the Pridelands to challenge Scar with the help of Rafiki and an apparition of the dead Mufasa. Simba returns to the now desolate Pridelands and defeats Scar, who finally confesses that he, not Simba, was responsible for Mufasa's death.

Simba reclaims the throne, restores the balance of the Circle of Life, and bears a daughter, Kiara, with Nala.

All is well... until the sequel, The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, in which Simba must deal with the fact that his daughter falls in love with Kovu, the adopted son of Scar and Zira (Kovu nearly kills Simba, but in the end all lions involved are reconciled).

Simba was voiced by Matthew Broderick and Jonathan Taylor Thomas, and principally animated by Ruben Aquino and Mark Henn.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.