Much like the "bless" command used by administrators, Sanctify is a new Everything2 Level power (available at Level 11), which allows users to give another user of their choice 10 GP.

Users who have the Sanctify power can make use of it at the E2 Gift Shop, by using the /sanctify command in the catbox, or by using the link which appears at the top of the page whenever they visit another user's homenode.

Upon sanctification, the GP is transferred from the giver's account to the receiver's, and Cool Man Eddie sends the recipient a message informing them that they have been sanctified.

Unlike the bless command, being sanctified does not increase the recipient's number of Golden Trinkets. It does bestow a Silver Trinket, however!

Sanc"ti*fy (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Sanctified (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Sanctifying (?).] [F. sanctifier, L. sanctificare; sanctus holy + -ficare (in comp.) to make. See Saint, and -fy.]

1.

To make sacred or holy; to set apart to a holy or religious use; to consecrate by appropriate rites; to hallow.

God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it. Gen. ii. 3.

Moses . . . sanctified Aaron and his garnment. Lev. viii. 30.

2.

To make free from sin; to cleanse from moral corruption and pollution; to purify.

Sanctify them through thy truth. John xvii. 17.

3.

To make efficient as the means of holiness; to render productive of holiness or piety.

A means which his mercy hath sanctified so to me as to make me repent of that unjust act. Eikon Basilike.

4.

To impart or impute sacredness, venerableness, inviolability, title to reverence and respect, or the like, to; to secure from violation; to give sanction to.

The holy man, amazed at what he saw, Made haste to sanctify the bliss by law. Dryden.

Truth guards the poet, sanctifies the line. Pope.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.