Possibly the easiest and most delicious appetiser you will ever cook.
- Mix cornflour, salt and pepper together in a large freezer or similar bag.
- Heat the oil until very hot - not smoking, but close.
- Toss in the squid and shake it up.
- Knock any excess flour from the squid back into the bag.
- Cook in the hot oil for 90 seconds.
- The result will be golden and crispy and should be served immediately with salad, a squeeze of lemon and tartare sauce for dipping.
- Eat with your hands
I have used excess flour to do the same process with surimi which produces an interesting quite dry, fishy nibble - I liked it, others might not.