user since
Tue Jul 11 2000 at 17:48:08 (23.8 years ago )
last seen
Wed Jul 12 2000 at 00:59:37 (23.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
9 - View rpco's writeups (feed)
level / experience
1 (Novice) / 167
mission drive within everything
To turn out some good writing.
specialties
Alabama politics, the Deep South, politics, computers (of course; we're all nerds here), religions, other stuff
school/company
The Purple Pen Company: Birmingham, Montgomery, Mobile, London, Atlanta
motto
Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise. -- Buddha (Lankavatara Sutra)
most recent writeup
Womyn
Send private message to rpco

Born in Athens, Georgia, before there were any notable rock bands, the same year, in fact, that an all-white jury acquitted a white man who blew away another man with a shotgun because he was black. Then the Justice Dept. showed up and nailed the guy for violating the dead man's civil rights. First time they used that tactic.

I didn't know about any of this, of course. Anyway, more than 35 years later, I live in Birmingham, Alabama, famous for racially motivated bombings back in the 1960s. That stuff no longer happens. Thank God.

You probably don't want to know all the details of how I got here. Anyway, I spend time all over Alabama, especially in Montgomery and Mobile. It's a beautiful place, despite the worst efforts of the Alabama Department of Environmental Management.

Anything else you want to know? Maybe you could ask me. I don't know, I'm new here.