A term often used to describe a project that undergoes much testing and revision. Most iterations take a sudden U-turn in flight and burst into flames and its back to the drawing board in attempts to achieve a stable design. Cost overruns and job turnover in this research model requires an extra level of management to justify the budget and maintain a PR department for damage control.

Formed in 1998, Rocket Science are a four-piece band based in Melbourne, Australia. The band have since developed a distinctive hard-hitting sound via their heavy use of unconventional instruments such as the electronic organ, theremin, and ribbon.

Roman Tucker - vocals, electronic organ, theremin, ribbon
Kit Warhurst - drums
Paul Mabury - guitar, vocals, fuzz guitar
Dave Gray - bass guitar, guitar

In 2000, Rocket Science released their debut album Welcome Aboard the 3C10, the title track of which was recorded at the band's first ever rehearsal.
(Idiom) Any enterprise requiring excessive mental energies. Almost always used in the negative, to indicate a particularly simple or easy task.

Usage examples: "Well, come ON, Herman, this isn't rocket science!"
"Don't node CRAP. This is not rocket science."

Actually, Rocket Science is just an application of Newton's Three Laws and the Law of Gravity. Basic Physics.

Rocket Engineering, on the other hand, involves Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and countless other fields of knowledge.


As tdent pointed out to me, all engineering is really just applied science. What I meant to say was that the purely scientific part, understanding how a rocket behaves, is more or less basic ballistics. Things don't get unbelievably complex and complicated until you go to design the rockets for the real world.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.