reQuest 2019: the reTurn
Let's celebrate the new year with the reTurn of reQuest! The Quest of reQuest will run for the month of January and will involve YOU writing one or more writeups based on requests you will
receive from other noders who are also participating. As a bonus for
participating, you can also make requests from other noders for the
writeups you want to read.
How It Works
Do you ever think, "I wish noder would write more like this"?
Do you ever wonder, "What do my fellow noders want me to write?"
The reQuest is here for you!
Each participating reQuester will receive at least 3 anonymous
requests for a writeup, submitted by fellow reQuesters. A request might
be for a topic, style or format. ReQuesters fill their requests by
noding them! Be sure to /msg reQuest to let us know that you have filled
your request, so that we can update the list here to include a link to
all completed requests.
Requests from reQuest participants can be sent to the reQuest team by
message; /msg reQuest from right now until 23:59 server time on 21 January
2019. The early cutoff date for requests will allow participants plenty
of time to fulfil all the requests on their lists. All requests will be
listed anonymously in this public node from 00:00 1 January 2019
onwards. Additionally, private messages will be sent to each participant
with details of their personal request list. As requests are made by
messaging the reQuest team, the reQuest team (Nemosyn &
Silverai_Me) will obviously see your
request, however we will put up the request up anonymously so that
others, including the recipient, cannot see who made the request. We
will add all requests to the list, and in the event that no request is
made for a reQuester, we will add some of our own to ensure that
everybody has a steady trickle of requests through the month. As a
courtesy, we ask each reQuester to make a maximum of 3 requests at a time, and consider that a reQuester will probably want to start reQuest with some requests but perhaps not with an overwhelming amount like eleventy billion requests to fill.
Writeups can be published from 00:00 server time 1 January until
23:59 server time on 31 January 2019 to receive rewards. You can pick
which requests you want to fill, but a minimum one request must be
fulfilled. You can choose to fill all of your requests too, if you want
to. Requests can still be filled and published after 31 January 2019 and
the link will still be added to this node, but belatedly filled
requests will be noted as late and miss out on Quest rewards.
A request shall be considered filled at the noder's discretion,
however the reQuest team reserves the right to pass ultimate judgement
on a writeup, should they choose to exercise it.
Step 1: Join the reQuest
- Commit to writing one or more new writeups that fill your requests during January
- /msg reQuest asking to join
Step 2: Make Some Requests
- /msg reQuest with the name of any noder and what you would
like them to write. This can be a topic, style, format, or simply a
- For ideas for requests to make, check out the list below for the
names of participating noders, and have a look at some of their existing
writeups, their homenodes, or chat to them in the Catbox to get an idea
of what they usually contribute.
- Remember the aim is to encourage and inspire fellow noders, not to make them feel overwhelmed!
/msg reQuest I want Silverai_Me to write a song with 13 lines and one really good Australian slang word!
/msg reQuest I want Nemosyn to review "Vader's Little Princess" by Jeffrey Brown
reQuest I want Tem42 to fill the nodeshell picket fences
For further ideas, see all the requests made last year in reQuest 2018.
Step 3: Fill your requests
- reQuest will update this post with requests from other reQuesters between 1st January 2019 and 21st January 2019
- Write an amazing, beautiful writeup in response to each request you receive
- Publish your writeup
- /msg reQuest with a link to your published writeup. The reQuest team manually updates this node, we don't know if a reQuest has been filled unless YOU tell us!
- Rinse and repeat!
The reQuest 2019 Team will be distributing rewards upon Quest completion as follows:
- All participants who send in a request for someone else will receive 2 GP for the first 20 requests, and 1GP thereafter, with a cap of 100GP.
- All participants who fill at least 1 request will receive an easter egg
- Write 1-5 requested nodes - 50 GP, plus a bonus of 5 GP per node
- Write 6-9 requested nodes - 100 GP, plus a bonus of 10 GP per node
- Write 10-19 requested nodes - 150 GP, plus a bonus of 15 GP per node
- Write 20-29 requested nodes - 200 GP, plus a bonus of 20 GP per node
- Write 30-50 requested nodes - 300 GP, plus a bonus of 30 GP per node
Anyone completing more than 50 requested nodes shall be doing it only
for the joy of themselves, their reQuester, and other readers from that
Please note: any nodes nuked will not count towards your total.
Rewards will be distributed a few days after the Quest ends, to allow
last-minute writeups to be voted on and pass muster with the editors.
The reQuest 2019 Team will be updating requests made and filled,
sending and monitoring requests throughout the month, and distributing
rewards after the completion of reQuest 2019.
The reQuest 2019 Team reserves the right to pass ultimate judgement on a write-up, should they choose to exercise it.
Bugs, queries and requests should be sent to /msg reQuest
Blame and criticism can be directed to reQuest,
Nemosyn, Silverai_Me, and deities of
This Quest was the brainchild of a catbox conversation between Nemosyn, Silverai_Me, & Estelore at the end of 2017. Upon receiving the e2gods blessing by Tem42 to run reQuest, the Quest was successfully run for the first time in January 2018. The reQuest Team having enjoyed themselves greatly and the quest itself being well received, we've decided to keep doing it.
reQuesters & Requests
Number of participants: