Quick Change is a game that is played on Whose Line Is It Anyway?, the show where everything's made up and the points don't matter. It changed my life. Well, it affected my life anyway.

The game is played like this: the players just go about their normal conversation, until another player says, "Change", in which case the person who last spoke must change his sentence. He must change it to still fit in with the situation.

I think that perhaps the best way to explain it would be using an example.
Change.
I don't think I need to give you any specific examples just yet.

The TV game is very nice (actually I'm usually in lauging fits when I watch it), but the really fun thing is playing it yourself.
"How do I do it?" you might ask.
Change.
"Can you please explain it again?" you might ask.
Change.
"What is the average air-speed velocity of a swallow?" you might ask.

Well, as long as you don't specify which swallow, I'll explain to you how to play the game: when you are talking to someone, at any time, feel free to say (can you guess it?) "Change". (with a proud voice) "Change". (in any language) "Change".
At that point, the other person must change what they were saying (actually it can also work for how they do it) "Change", (actually it can also work for how they do it). Remember: no non-sequitor. it's so easy to fall into the non-sequitor trap. Change I sincerely hope for world peace.

Important: you must make sure the person you're speaking to is not a complete wimp. Once you agreed that Change exists in your life, it must override everything else. For example:

Joe: "I can't take it anymore, I'm going to kill myself."
Jeff: "Change".
Joe: "I don't like the way my life is going right now.
I'm considering different options."
Jeff: "Change".
Joe: "I do believe that a positive outlook on life is
important. Thank you for helping me through
the bad times, Jeff. Let's get a pizza."
Rules of thumb:
  • No non-sequitor
  • More than 5 changes in a row can REALLY get on your nerves
  • No repetitions
  • No change in the middle of a change (you cannot change your changer)
  • Don't "play" this with someone who will decide wether to change or not depending on his mood. It is a good mood-lifter, but only if the person is receptive to it when (s)he's in a bad mood.
Note on that last point: everyone has a limit. It depends on whether it is at "I got an F on my last report" or "Grandma just died." People who will agree to change that last remark are REALLY good sports.
Best times to say Change
  • When the person has just had an annoying experience, it is a good mood-changer.
  • When the person is singing / whistling a really annoying song. (You're going to get another song - you can always change that one too if you don't like it.)
  • When the reply you got wasn't to your satisfaction. ("I hope I'm on time", "change," "Rush hour was terrible," "change," "Did you start without me?" "change," "Sorry I'm late.")
  • When someone just completed a sentence for you. ( "I was feeling so... ", "Lonely?" "change", "Horny?" "change," "Constipated?")
  • When it would be really funny to do so.
Don't say it at the start of conversations, as no context has been established yet. (Unless it's very appropriate).

CHANGE

Quick Change is a game from Whose Line Is It Anyway?. It's not very good, so you don't have to know anything else about it.

CHANGE

Quick change is what Superman is famous for.

CHANGE

Quick change is handy money you keep in your pocket.

"Quick Change is good." - Bill Murray

Quick Change (1990)
Starring: Bill Murray, Geena Davis, Randy Quaid and Jason Robards
89 minutes

Quick Change is an awesome movie. It stars Bill Murray as Grimm, a New Yorker who devises a perfect bank robbery with the help of his girlfriend Phyllis (Geena Davis) and lifelong pal Loomis (Randy Quaid) only to have the escape route to the airport complicated by an onslaught of ridiculous, unpredictable events. Throughout the film he is hunted by the Chief of Police (Jason Robards), who can't afford the bad press he'll recieve if the bank robber gets away.

This film succeeds in being more than just an average comedy. One of the most surprising things is just how smart it is. The dialogue is so tight and sharp, and the asthetic of the film is slightly surreal in the way it paints New York (Murray also co-directed the film). Grimm isn't bumbling. He knows exactly what he's doing at every step in the robbery, and when he ends up in these crazy circumstances, the way he improvises on his plan to accomadate is just incredible. I liken it to Eddie Murphy's performance in Beverly Hills Cop - It's that sort of ability to think on your feet that Grimm and Axel Foley share.

There is so much more that can be said about this movie, there's so much more you can go in to the characters, but I will just leave it at this: If you're a Bill Murray fan, this film is a must see.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.