Club night at Warwick University, Coventry, UK. Plays trance music, and is where I've had the best times of my life, and met my girlfriend Kath. Name possibly comes from the tune "Dreams" by Quench, (an Australian production outfit) since the resident DJs play it as an anthem every now and again. Replaced a night called Culture, which although used to be fantastic, was left to go to ruin. Quench has had trance DJs like Lange, Scott Bond, Matt Hardwick, Ferry Corsten, JFK, Darren Stokes. It was created and run by Andy Roxburgh, David Bowley and Mark Brackley. It deserves a place in UK club culture. I'm gutted I can't go anymore as I live in Newcastle now. In fact I don't even know if it still exists. But thanks for the memories!

Quench (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Quenched (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Quenching.] [OE. quenchen, AS. cwencan in acwencan, to extinguish utterly, causative of cwincan, acwincan, to decrease, disappear; cf. AS. cwinan, acwinan, to waste or dwindle away.]

1.

To extinguish; to overwhelm; to make an end of; -- said of flame and fire, of things burning, and figuratively of sensations and emotions; as, to quench flame; to quench a candle; to quench thirst, love, hate, etc.

Ere our blood shall quench that fire. Shak.

The supposition of the lady's death Will quench the wonder of her infamy. Shak.

2.

To cool suddenly, as heated steel, in tempering.

Syn. -- To extinguish; still; stifle; allay; cool; check.

 

© Webster 1913.


Quench, v. i.

To become extinguished; to go out; to become calm or cool.

[R.]

Dost thou think in time She will not quench! Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.