(To quote Shecket for a more derogatory slang:)

Slang for a vagina.

Also used to insult someone with less bravery or courage; in general, a better way to call someone a wimp if spoken quietly.

In defense of Webster_1913, Pussy must have once been used as he said; "an endearing name for a girl". Otherwise the movie industry would never have gotten away with "Goldfinger", a Bond movie in which the main female's name was Pussy Galore.

However Webster_1913 also describes "pussy" as "a pet name for a cat". Nowadays pussy is more an alternative name for the domestic feline rather than a pet name for it.

There is also the most current use of the term: an alternative name for vagina

A pussy is also a specific type of scarf at Winchester College, usually awarded for excellence in a certain non-academic field. Different colour patterns and combinations denote what the pussy was awarded for. Pussies are hand knitted from wool and have quite a loose pattern. They have decorative tassels on the ends. Due to the somewhat fragile construction woolen strands have a tendency to get caught and pulled out, neccessitating loving care.

Rather predictably the name of these gives rise to a number of amusing comments, such as:
"What are you doing with my pussy", and
"How dare you touch my pussy"
Anyway reader, you shall have facts:

Here I shall give descriptions of several of the pussies, and for what they are awarded.
College:
Mostly white, three thick blue stripes at each end.
Awarded for being a reserve or actually playing in one of the six a side Winchester College football matches that college plays.
Debating:
Mostly white with a colour band at each end incorporating the stripes purple, burgundy, purple.
Representing the school in an external debate in either the first or second team(each of two people).
Rowing:
A band of blue, deep red, blue on each end of a white background.
Two awarded each year by the current president of the society.
Athletics:
Mostly bright red with three white stripes at each end.
Breaking a school record in an athletic track or field event.
Backstage/Lighting:
Mostly black with a band of red, yellow, green at each end.
Persistent and intensive involvement with many theatre productions
Bell-ringing
Ringing a quater-peal on a working bell.

If, unusually enough you actually know anything about this and spot a mistake don't hesitate to /msg me.

Aside from the cat, the scarf, the genital, and the song by Rammstein, Pussy is also an energy drink which originated in 2004 courtesy of a London-based company called "Pussy Drinks." It caused a minor stir in April 2013 when it was advertised on billboards with the slogan, "The drink's pure, it's your mind that's the problem."

I recently came into possession of some and tried it. I therefore will be dividing the rest of this writeup into a bit of a Q&A session.

Where Can I Get Pussy?

Tesco used to sell it, allegedly, though I've never seen it. My local corner shop has quite a lot of it. I got some just recently and tried it and found it most delectable.

What Does Pussy Taste Like?

Well, it's supposed to be lychee and grenadilla. However according to the ingredients it contains a lot of white grape juice and this is the flavour that comes to the fore. There's also a hint of lime. It's fairly watery as well, though, so don't expect it to be particularly strong.

How Big Is The Average Pussy?

I've only seen it come in one size, which is 250ml, and priced at £1.00.

Can I Expose My Pussy In A Public Place?

You can if you want, it is non-alcoholic so you won't fall foul of non-drinking areas.

If I Excite It Enough, Will A Pussy Squirt?

Probably, it is carbonated, so you should be able to spray it by shaking up the can. However it's not as heavily carbonated as other soft drinks so your results may vary.

Can I Have Too Much Pussy?

It is fairly heavily caffeinated, and the can does bear a warning to that effect, but I don't think it's likely to make your heart explode if you overdo it. Generally, all things in moderation here.

I think that's enough for now. If you feel the need to try some Pussy, then visit your local supermarket. Besides, I think I'd best stop before I mention how certain extreme sports and motorcycling types are sponsored by the drink and therefore have Pussy on their faces.

Pussy (?), n. [Dim. of puss.]

1.

A pet name for a cat; also, an endearing name for a girl.

2.

A catkin of the pussy willow.

3.

The game of tipcat; -- also called pussy cat.

Pussy willow Bot., any kind of willow having large cylindrical catkins clothed with long glossy hairs, especially the American Salix discolor; -- called also glaucous willow, and swamp willow.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pus"sy (?), a.

See Pursy.

[Colloq. or Low]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.