Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around.
Look at my Pinwheel and see what I've found.

Pinwheel, pinwheel, where have you been?
Hello, how are you, and may I come in?

Pinwheel, pinwheel, spinning around.
Look at my pinwheel and see what I found.

Pinwheel, pinwheel, breezy and bright.
Spin me good morning, spin me good night.

Pinwheel was a new and struggling cable channel that pumped up its existence and presence with a children's show by the same name in 1979. The daily show was the core carrier of what became Nickelodeon channel in 1980. The show was appropriately named as it enchanted the child viewer for a while, stimulating imagination and creativity. The two human characters, Jake and Kim, seemed genuinely congenial and versatile. Jake often showcased his music or sound boxes, which had a variety of sounds such as coughing and laughing when opened. The most memorable puppet characters were: Luigi O'Brien, a grocer with a cart of talking vegetables, and Silas the Snail who took day trips either flying or crawling along an endless brick wall. The show came to a close in 1989, but its significance in my formative years has permanence in my memory.

Pinwheel Camp!

A crew of campers at Black Rock City, most always found on the northernmost outer ring of camp. A garden of hundreds of pinwheels blooms on the playa, mylar twinkling in the pure sun. The breeze adds a swish swish ambience, a watery sound in the big dryness. Neighbors pick the pinwheels, leave trinkets behind. Pathways meander between the whirling petals, through and about. The pinwheels turn on their plastic spikes in the alkali cracked playa, trimming themselves to the wind. Spirals, paths, evolutions over a lifetimes of days and nights. I've been working on an idea for propane powered pinwheels. Join me?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.