The Pedigree is professional wrestler HHH's finishing move. The technical name for this move is a double underhook DDT.

Executing the Pedigree is simple. HHH sticks his opponent's head inbetween his legs and then lifts both of his opponent's arms up past their head. He then jumps slightly, landing on his knees and driving his opponent face first into the canvas.

This is actually a slightly dangerous move, as if the opponent's head was too low at the start of the maneuver, there's a chance he could actually land head-first and injure his neck.

Ped"i*gree (?), n. [Of unknown origin; possibly fr. F. par degr'es by degrees, -- for a pedigree is properly a genealogical table which records the relationship of families by degrees; or, perh., fr. F. pied de grue crane's foot, from the shape of the heraldic genealogical trees.]

1.

A line of ancestors; descent; lineage; genealogy; a register or record of a line of ancestors.

Alterations of surnames . . . have obscured the truth of our pedigrees. Camden.

His vanity labored to contrive us a pedigree. Milton.

I am no herald to inquire of men's pedigrees. Sir P. Sidney.

The Jews preserved the pedigrees of their tribes. Atterbury.

2. Stock Breeding

A record of the lineage or strain of an animal, as of a horse.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.