Taken from the preface to the book Proper Care and Storage of Your Non-Dimensional Objects, written by J. Freidling - published in 2218:

WHAT IS THIS BOOK ABOUT?

Well, as you can imagine - it's about non-dimensional objects, of course! Loosly defined, a non-dimensional object is one that does not exist in any of 32 existing dimensions, but still exists. You may wonder why anyone would bother about them, but really they are very useful items once properly defined.

Once you have defined a non-dimensional object in a 0-D simulator or through object synthesis, they can tend to be quite cumbersome and uncontrollable. This book will put the power back in your hands, and give you many tips and tricks for dealing with them once you are done using them.

WHO IS THIS BOOK FOR?

Anyone who has an interest in non-dimensional objects! Of course, this is a book about what to do with them once you have them, so it is assumed the reader has at least a general knowledge of standard NDO definitions. If you do not, I suggest that you put this book down and pick up a copy of Non-Dimensional Objects for the Dimensional Individual by Barry Holden. Or, if you are looking for a less rudimentary introduction, I suggest The Non-Dimensional Object Cookbook by Sorn Ovnorsson.

Don't be ashamed if you do not understand everything presented in this book. The topic of Non-Dimensional Objects is very complex and not even completely understood by the experts. This book is, however, written for the layman and those just getting into the field of 0-D research.

WHAT DO I NEED TO USE THIS BOOK?

For this book to be of any practical application to you, it is nessecary that you have, or have access to, an object synthesis laboratory - or at the very least a 0-D field simulator. As OSLs are becomming more common to the general public and all of them tend to have 0-D field simulators, this shouldn't be too much to ask. However, if you do not have access to either one, this book certainly can be read on a purely theoretical basis. Either way, it was written to be an enjoyable read. With that in mind, let's begin!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.