The No-Wave style of music came about in the late seventies and early eighties in New York, though it wasn't titled until it had New Wave to destroy and utterly humiliate.

It remains at the lowest common denominator of politically fueled music, right along side hate rock, queercore, and black metal, though it claims a dadaist stance which yields to no boundaries.

The music itself can be best described as "anything not of a pattern." Ranging from pure chaotic gutteral spewing to dainty dusting of gently swimming melodies, music for the sake of music to music as a vehicle to vomit on oneself and share this event with others, and paying money to sit in the dark eating wet cigarettes to getting payed money to not leave an apartment for 48 hours.

As of late, one of the major havens for no-wave is chicago, at venues such as 6-Odum and roby's, as well as street corners, alleys, and the back of pickup trucks... as well as humboldt park and the thirsty whale's demolition site.

a list of bands from chicago's all-enlightening scene:

Adam and the Antz
Ama-Dots
Anthropod Vector
Assembly Line People Program
Bride of No No
Cheer-Accident
Child Experiment
Condeucent
Bobby Conn
The Devil Bell Hippies
Dot Dot Dot
Duotron
End Result
The Flying Luttenbachers
Hatewave
Lake Of Dracula
Math
Metalux
Miss High Heel
Monitor Radio
Monotrona
ONO
Quintron
The Scissor Girls
Zeek Sheck
Silver Abuse
Specula
Strawberry
Tasty Bush
Trenchmouth
U.S. Maple
Vagiant
Vanilla

Also see no wave though in Chicago it is blasphemy to space the words! (its too similar to new wave then: either nowave or no-wave will do, NOWave being used to destroy the THENwave of no-wave)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.