Dismissive phrase used by alien beings of advanced civilizations to remind us human beings that we are primates. (cf. Lord John Whorfin)



Media nickname for John Ssabunnya of Uganda. In 1988, at the age of two, Ssabunnya was abandoned in the jungle, where he was adopted and raised by a group of African green monkeys (Cercopithecus aethiops). For the next three years, he lived as a monkey, eating a diet of nuts and berries, climbed trees, and learned the monkey's mannerisms, until he was "re-discovered" by humans and taken to live in an orphanage, where he eventually learned to speak and integrate himself into human society. His story was featured in “Living Proof”, a television documentary shown on the BBC, October 13, 1999.
Source: "From Monkey Boy to Choir Boy," BBC News Web Site, 6 October 1999,
<http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_466000/466616.stm> (21 February 2002)


"Junkabilly" band led by Scott Scarboro, based in Louisville, Kentucky, that mixes traditional jaw harps, slide guitar, dulcimer, stomp boxes, fiddle and drums with homemade instruments fashioned from electronics, coffee cans, and miscellaneous junk. Source: <http://www.junkabilly.com/> (21 February 2002)

UK blues/punk band featuring an "all bass, no guitar" sound. Paul Warren: drums, vocals. Mark Warren: bass.
Source: Monkey Boy Official Web Site,<http://www.monkeyboy.co.uk> (21 February 2002)

Monkey Boy is a nickname for Steve Ballmer, head of Microsoft. The phrase seems to have originated from when he went crazy on stage, sweating up a storm while chanting, Developers! Developers! Developers!. The term, amazingly, seems to even fit his old antics, such as when he made a commercial selling Windows 1.0.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.