a jbo heavy industries production
weeknight sound track
<= back : monday 19:00 : forward =>





Your key rattles in the deadbolt and you swing wide the door of the dilapidated house. It hasn't been One Of Those Days, exactly, but it hasn't been stellar, either. You toss your keychain on your desk, drop your backpack on the dingy carpet and kick off your shoes. Shit. Too much to do, too little time, no motivation.

As you sink down into your favorite chair, you wonder what exactly became of the weekend and why so much had to get done today. Two days ago you were playing frisbee in the park and changing the oil in your motorcycle. Now it's just work work work get this done etc ad nauseum.

Calm down. You need focus. Comfort. Music.

01. Grateful Dead - Althea
02. Johnny Cash - Hurt
03. Butterfield Blues Band - One More Heartache



Quit your bitching, fool. Remove the pacifier from your mouth, your thumb from your ass and have some motherfucking courage. Stand up tall. Shoulders back, chin down. Look that festering pile of junk you need to do straight in its cold, black eyes. Get pissed at it. Growl. Get ready.

What are you going to do with this project?

I AM GOING TO FUCK THE HELL OUT OF IT.



DAMN RIGHT YOU ARE. Now get to it, fucko. Strike while the iron is hot.

04. Red Army Chorus and Ensemble - We are the Red Cavalry
05. the Ventures - Lullaby of the Leaves
06. the Clash - Guns of Brixton
07. Outkast - Gasoline Dreams



Nice work, soldier. Pages of slightly decipherable equations are scattered around your table, covering your calculator and obscuring your textbook. Hell, you got more done in the past 11 minutes than the rest of your project team did all day. Take a break. Walk down the hallway where your bicycle used to rest and grab a beer from the fridge.

08. Uncle Tupelo - We've Been Had
09. MJQ - Buhaina



Back to work. Settle into an easy rhythm, complimenting yourself. Let the work develop a natural flow. Sine becomes cosine becomes negative sine becomes negative cosine becomes sine.

10. Jurassic 5 - Long Road to Glory
11. Dave Brubeck - Three to get Ready
12. Cardigans - Iron Man



What was that? You're done? A stopping point? Have another beer. Have a seat on the front steps and bask in the cool air. Relax.

13. Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightnin'
14. Nightmares on Wax - Ethnic Majority
15. Unseen - Don't Look Back
16. OMC - On The Run



Head back inside. You've still got much more of the night to go.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.