This was once the words that rhyme with bait metanode. Changes in E2 policy have forced me to remove it in its old form.

mediate

as performed by inxs

This song immediately follows Need You Tonight on INXS' Kick album. There isn't much of a melody, but let me give you an idea of what the lyrics sound like:

hallucinate desegregate mediate alleviate try not to hate love your mate

(snip lots of gay rhymes)

deliberate fascinate deviate reinstate liberate liberate liberate liberate

(sax solo)

the music video

Because this song has a tempo and beat similar to the previous song "Need You Tonight" on the album, some video stations play the songs one after the other.

Smoke blows over the set of "Need You Tonight". Fade to a back alley, where one band member is singing, and the other is holding cue cards, one for each word or phrase. Some cards have pictures instead of words; for example, annihilate is a mushroom cloud.

Me"di*ate (?), a. [L. mediatus, p. p. of mediare, v. t., to halve, v. i., to be in the middle. See Mid, and cf. Moiety.]

1.

Being between the two extremes; middle; interposed; intervening; intermediate.

Prior.

2.

Acting by means, or by an intervening cause or instrument; not direct or immediate; acting or suffering through an intervening agent or condition.

3.

Gained or effected by a medium or condition.

Bacon.

An act of mediate knowledge is complex. Sir W. Hamilton.

 

© Webster 1913.


Me"di*ate (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Mediated (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Mediating.] [LL. mediatus, p. p. of mediare to mediate. See Mediate, a.]

1.

To be in the middle, or between two; to intervene.

[R.]

2.

To interpose between parties, as the equal friend of each, esp. for the purpose of effecting a reconciliation or agreement; as, to mediate between nations.

 

© Webster 1913.


Me"di*ate, v. t.

1.

To effect by mediation or interposition; to bring about as a mediator, instrument, or means; as, to mediate a peace.

2.

To divide into two equal parts.

[R.]

Holder.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.