today i woke up and made a blt for myself and my girl jill. we went shopping uptown, at various boutiques and shops. i didn't make any purchases, unless you consider a stop for candy at bernard calibeau.

it was a sunny day in calgary, and my disposition was as sweet as wine. then we went home sweet home, and jill took a nap. i spent that time (my baby's beauty rest) cleaning, and re-arranging my pad. hung some dried flowers (mostly daffodils) upside down. it was a pleasant and very chocolate-like sunday.

Yesterday I was talking on the phone with my mom. She remembered "So it's your birthday tomorrow. The big 21."

I reminded her "Well, it's not really big for me; I don't drink, remember?"

"Well that's not the only reason it's a big birthday, is it?"

"Yeah, 21's special because you're allowed to buy alcohol, so it doesn't really affect me."

"Well it doesn't have to be just that. It means you're growing up, getting more mature." She was fishing at this point. "You're not a teenager anymore."

"Uh, mom, that was 20."

"Yeah," laughing, "I know. Well, happy birthday, anyway."

Not a good weekend at all. Girlfriend is flipping out on me for reasons which I will not get into right now. Lets just say I did something pretty dumb and now I'm paying for it.

On a lighter note, my newest batch of home brew is looking great. Started on a Red Ale and so far everything is perfect. The last batch (a pale ale) is bottled and will be ready to drink in a few weeks.

Found out that I can get to Cincinnati's abandoned subway system via the basement of my apartment building. I plan on going down there soon but I'd like to find a map so I know exactly where I'm going.

Things to do today:

  • Find map of Cincinnati's abandoned subway system
  • Straighten out girlfriend
  • Find bigger/better tank for iguana
  • Drive-by shootings with Super Soaker 3200 in Ault Park (if weather permits)
  • Beat "Fear Effect" (PSX)

Updates:
  1. I emailed a local historian about online references to the subway system and she sent me this link: http://web.utk.edu/~snake1/tunnels/subway.html. Now I must plan a course of action.
  2. Found some real nice tanks
  3. Someone here (work) ordered an EPSON 740i. This is the worst printer I have ever dealt with.
  4. Had Pizza Hut buffet for lunch.. think I'm going to be sick

For my friends in low places Sunday School class of 3 and 4 year olds, I taught a lesson on Paul and his conversion. We made 'mad faced' and 'happy faced' puppets of Paul. It's been really hot here so JP decided to give Paul a sunburn and Jon gave him chicken pox. Out of five teachers I was the only one there, but I have to confess it was nice to have them all to myself.

Number Two Son had a successful trip to California, home midnight Friday, then up and off to Honors Geometry reviews all day Saturday. Mr. Wenneborg his teacher will be at the Olympic trials in Track and Field when it's time for school finals.

Watched X-Files with husband last night, pretty cool idea about The Lazarus Bowl and got a kick out of the zombies waltzing in the graveyard at the end. Do you think there was any significance to the fact that Mulder had watched Plan 9 from Outer Space 42 times??

I'm without a car today. I missed my work out class this morning, so will walk up to the grocery store later to buy something for dinner.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
- Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)

Help me to understand that forgiving others is not only for the sake of my trespassers but for my healing as well.

Devotion

Duty day. Behind on my name changed to protect the innocent presrel. Need to re-start my MBA to avoid paying off my student loans. Two miscreants appear before EMCM and myself to plead their cases.

Drunken urination is not a crime! MMM... sorry, yes it is.

Just because I tore off my collar devices and threw them at my superior doesn't make me a bad person does it? MMM... sorry, yes it does.

Clearly, Despair and horror abound.

So I node.

Actually, too pathetic today to node. Instead, I watch chatterbox and use up my votes. Sad sad sad.

Have decided to throw a Pity Party and take a nap during lunch.

Attitude not improved.

Pity Party resumes.

Things at work continue to happen.

Day turns into evening-- No visit from the family today because it's monday and that means Story Time at Bookstar. I'll miss Melody the Story Time Girl.

Finally begin to be half productive around 10:00 pm.

Thank the everything gods!

Rummaging for my checkbook refills, time to pay rent, i finally found my tarot deck. This is as Jungian and mystical as i get: suspending disbelief enough to stretch coincidence into meaning. So i pick a card.

The Devil

it's a greek mythology themed deck. The main figure is Pan, dancing, piping, with a tiny naked man & naked woman on leashes, also dancing. Carnal. Abandon.

"That gives a Jung girl Freud for thought."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.