Proverbs 3...then shalt thou walk in thy way safely...Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation...when it cometh...For the Lord shall be thy confidence...

Sitting alone in Temple Square, Salt Lake City, the water springs hush-gushing past and the sun melts over the city, and me. Reading Amy Orvin's Alaskan Road Trip Family Travelogue, pictures and scraps of the summer adventure of four of the most amazing siblings on earth. Wishing I had such a place to be, something called home.


I love the Lord, for he heard my voice, he heard my cry for mercy, because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live...Psalms 56:11


As long and as far and as deep as that sea may stretch, freedom awaits the brave who cross her. When you are stuck in the middle and found almost without breath...Don't sit in despair waiting to be rescued or swallowed up by the sea. Fight, fight for the freedom that awaits you on the other side.

Mark 4:37-39.

Words meant for her brother, but given to me, too, months after their cross-country journey had been collected into pictures and pages. I am surrounded and welcomed by the life of it.

Be not afraid of sudden fear, or of the desolation...He will guide your path

And the flow of people here was familiar, and their talk was kind, and the night was safe, and I walked back to her apartment in the cool, even night. tears tears, my decision to pack my things yet again was made... but this time, I wasn't running from pain; I was going to joy. The music of a pioneer hymn ran through my mind...'we'll find the place that God for us prepared....far away...in the West." And breaking out into quiet, open prayer, I looked up at the sky, all stars and air, saying "I know why I came here...I know why I'm here."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.