The Law of Fives states that everything relates to the number five in some way. The law of fives is never wrong.
Was explored by Robert Anton Wilson, Timothy Leary, and William S Burroughs amongst others, and hinted at by almost everyone including Douglas Adams and Terry Gilliam.
Common forms that The Law of Fives are encountered in are 23, 17, 32, and of course 5.
RAW talks about this a lot in The Illuminatus! Trilogy and the Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy.
The most important part of the law of fives is usually left unstated. The complete rule reads: all things relate in some way to the number five given enough ingenuity on the part of the observer.

The law of fives is designed to cause the observer to edit his/her perception of reality to fit the law. Eventually, one may realize what is occuring and achieve a minor illumination.

A Message from the SSOOKN
regarding the Law of Fives


It has been frequently observed that the Law of Fives is an insightful commentary on the ability for a human to make connections amongst disparate, discreet points.

However, what has not been pointed out (recently) is the connection (hah!) between creativity, inspiration, and joining of conflicting elements.

It is also a game that can be played to kick your brain in its ass, and start thinking about things in a new way. It is a method not for revealing external truth, but for revealing hidden paths within your own consciousness.

The connections revealed when applying the Lo5 mean nothing, except that everything is connected to everything else (order + disorder = chaos). But the process of figuring out what that connection is reveals much about the user making the connection.

Thank you for your time, and please excuse the esoteric intrusion.

By LMNO, Occasional SSOOKN figurehead


INTERMITTENS VOL. 5
(k) Kopyleft PDCOM, INC.
ALL RIGHTS REVERSED
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION ENCOURAGED
Source: https://www.libraryoferis.org/files/Intermittens-5-The-Law-of-Fives-edited-by-Cainad.pdf

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.