user since
Wed Jun 19 2002 at 13:06:37 (21.8 years ago )
last seen
Wed Jun 9 2010 at 22:39:03 (13.9 years ago )
number of write-ups
64 - View kinglink's writeups (feed)
level / experience
4 (Wordsmith) / 1237
mission drive within everything
Honor and strength.
specialties
Puters, and life.
school/company
Wentworth Institute of Technology.
motto
(insert random Monkeys quote)
most recent writeup
Meta-Moderate
Send private message to kinglink

Just a Knight doing what a Knight does, Marrying the queen..
Level 2 on July 23, 2002
I am a Gamer, but I am not a mindless drone about my games. I don't feel that every game is an absolute ten. infact I only can think of a handful of games that is an absolute ten.
  • The Legend of Zelda for the NES.
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past
  • System Shock
  • Zork
  • Wing Commander Just the original for the changable endings, the changable paths (back in early 1990 mind you), and the memorable characters... who you can kill! THATS RIGHT MANIAC I AM COMING TO KILL YOU!!!
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee has the best fighting system for people who don't love fighting games, it is easy and simple to play, has characters are memorable. Since it is the second edition it has many new modes, more single player, better speed. The game felt complete. The only fault is that it is Nintendo characters only, but that can't be helped (copyright laws)
  • Super Mario Brothers 3 If you can get a NES and a buddy, try to complete this game in one sitting, you will end up with a life experience. An absolutly perfect game that is difficult.
  • Final Fantasy 6 - One of the two greatest Final Fantasys with Final Fantasy 4. The story is great, and graphic while sprites. Two words... OPERA SCENE!. Anyone who has seen should know perfection.


  • Thanks to MightyMooquack for reminding me of these two
  • Deus Ex - an absolutly beautiful game, it takes Thief and system shock, and adds Rpg elements and creates a fun game that I have played many times through.
  • Freespace and Freespace 2 both excellent space sims with wonderful stories and amazing enemies and maps. Sadly the company that created them has said they would not create another one but time may tell.


  • Thanks to Unless for mentioning 10 games to consider probably all will appear here soon enough.
  • Chrono Trigger - One of the best RPGs on the SNES, open-ended and fun to play and has a large area to explore. Also allows multiplay play throughs which is unique.

And then there are candidates

I am always open to suggestions of good games of course. But don't suggest ANY game. An example of why these games are up there is because all aspects of them are great. As for other "great games"

  • Gta3 gets only a 9 or 9.5 because of aiming.
  • Metal gear solid doesn't give enough game play, and has a few too many cut scenes
  • Morrowind comes close but isn't open enough.... yet. I will review it in 6 monthes I think

Nice people on here?
The only one I truely can call my friend so far is the fine nocte.
Perhaps I shall find more later.
I as a gamer like gamers and Servo5678 and TheBooBooKitty are great guys..
(hell Theboobookitty is the reason I wrote the RcProAm Node..


Things I am working on...
  • more cheers characters nodes.
  • more minor factoids that are fun and have good memories.
  • more Nethack stuff, the greatest game of all time must be told.
  • some game reviews? definatly system shock
  • more xp of course!

Poetry

This OS is BS

Microsoft makes believe that OSes are so hard to make,
so we forgive their stupid mistakes.


Stuff I like or am working on
On Religion
choose your moral, choose your path, don't talk about it, don't share it. just be
The pants are mine
but the monkey is not!
This is also a list of stuff I probably should vote for later, if your stuff is on this list I think it is pretty sweet/funny/different. Btw if you ask WHY THE HELL DID HE BOOKMARK THIS? you probably arn't supposed to know, if it sucks I may try to make it unsuck. yeah that is right unsuck! If you can't figure it out, maybe your not supposed to figure it out. ok? now back off and let the bunny go.