Hi, my name is icey, and I'm an information addict.
Seriously, I think information addiction should be added to the big book o' addictions.
If a true info addict is anything like me, then the symptoms would be as follows:
- Endless searching of inane bits of information, from the library to, of course, the internet.
- You become a seemingly endless pool of information for all of your friends and family, who all call you when they
are having a dispute about some ridiculous nugget of trivia.
- You are almost always right when they call you.
- When you get bored, you sometimes argue for the sheer joy of finding out how people will react. See also: asshole.
- You start finding patterns in the most ridiculous places. For instance, only apartments that face north in my apartment complex end
with the number three.
- You obsessively read everything
Of course, the really horrible thing about information addiction, is the amount of research required to appropriately diagnose the problem.