A golfer who continually hits his shots from right to left (if he's right handed). One cure for this is to move the grip to a "weaker" position; with the right hand more "underneath" the club. Other cures are more complex and not suited for writeups without diagrams on swing planes, etc.

A hooker is closer to a good golf swing than is a slicer.

Hooker - alias. Prostitute, Pro, Whore, Crackwhore, Gold digger, Hoe, you get the idea.

This node pertains to: Korea, Republic of, partic. Area I, specif. Dongducheon, a.k.a. TDC.

I remember all my buddies in training, consoling me because we all knew how much Korea sucked. It's not the greatest place to be stationed. Most had great assignments like 173 Airborne Battalion, Italy, who led the way in Northern Iraq. Or the 25th Infantry, Hawaii, currently deployed back and forth between Afghanistan and Iraq. 2 of them stayed behind for an Additional Skill Identifier and now reside in Kuwait, no doubt guarding some high priority target. I could have gone to Germany, pratically the home of sex and alcohol. I could have gone to Japan on special assignment. But such was not in the cards, and I drink and smoke the days away here in Korea, Republic of.

But whenever I get down and out, I always remember, HEY! Korea is full of hookers!

O.K., seriously. There is a large influx of prostitutes into the northern South Korean sector. Particularly, areas in and around U.S. military installations. Places like Itaewon, right outside of Seoul and the American Yongsan garrison. Tokiri and Dongducheon outside of Camp Casey in northern Area I. I'm not much sure about the south, but I'm sure it's similar. This is in drastic contrast to the countless churches and crosses that adorn a country nearly entirely Christian. The average hooker makeup is:

  • Russian
  • Filipino
  • Korean

    Now the Russian women tend to be blonde, and on average are tall women. The Filipinos are short, dark headed, and always! very skinny. The Korean women are scarce in the northern sector, and tend to do things like bartend if they do work up here. There is an abundance of clubs around military posts, and they bring in a whole lot of money, from what is commonly known to us G.I.s, as a "drinkie girl".

    Target in sights

    They are called this because they always come and sit and talk with you, usually for only a minute or two. Meanwhile, they are being very touchy and flirtacious. Not soon afterwards, and expect it, they will ask you to "buy me drinkie?" Now, in my humble experience at least, the Russian women are much less likely to bother you, and would rather sit and smoke their cigarette and look bored than go out of their way to hassle you. The Filipino drinkies tend to be very pushy and will gang up on you and work in teams! "Why don't you buy her drink?"

    Reel you in

    Now the whole point of this is that the "drink" you buy, costs an average of 20, yes 20, U.S. dollars. And this could be, and usually is, something like fruit juice, as most of these girls don't even drink alcohol. They get a small, SMALL, portion of this profit, and a base salary. Most Filipino girls admittedly send most of their money home to their needy families in the islands. The average drinkie wage comes to around $500 a month.

    Money for Boom Boom

    Now the other type, is the type you find a little further away from post. These are the, and please excuse my language, "grab your dick $40 make you cum $60 you fucky use your visa come upstairs with me buy me the night off for $150" girls. Yes, you can buy them the day off for the minimum price of, usually, $80 and upwards. Most drinkies are so glad to get the day off, they are yours to do what you will, just so long as you planned ahead and got a hotel room. This is where most G.I.s get caught up. They make the sex, and then lay there and the girl pours out her life story. The G.I. feels bad because she's a whore and it's so sad, and this girl will do anything he wants now. Imagine if they were married and got paid BAQ and all the extra money the Army gives for marriage, and the drinkie doesn't even want you. Most likely just wants to get to the states, and end her contract at the club, and at that point, you've married a hooker. It happens, trust me.

    Stranger than fiction

    Down in Itaewon they have something called hooker alley. It's an underground tunnel, lined with doors and windows. The girls sit in the windows, most wearing skin tight white dresses, and dance as you pass by, illuminated with blacklights. Quite often, they will reach out the door, and grab you. And proceed to pull you inside. Rumor has it there is also a "whisper alley". It's dark and unlit, with this same doors. You go up to the door, and whisper what you want. An unknown voice from the other side will whisper the price back. It's out of this world.

    En Garde!

    When interacting with these girls, remember to stay on your guard. These girls work you for a living. It is their job to please you. They usually have an "ah-jee-mah" that runs the bar, and ensures the girls are makin' daddy's money. Also, there are regular patrols in all areas soldiers are likely to go.

    These soldiers regularly enter clubs and bars and check all areas, even bathrooms. The drinkies have their own protection network, and they look out for each other. Not to mention, most bars and clubs with drinkies are designed with areas that provide visibility on all entrances, but conceal whatever is going on in that area, such as balconies.

  • Hook"er (?), n.

    1.

    One who, or that which, hooks.

    2. Naut. (a)

    A Dutch vessel with two masts.

    (b)

    A fishing boat with one mast, used on the coast of Ireland.

    (c)

    A sailor's contemptuous term for any antiquated craft.

     

    © Webster 1913.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.