A haircut is the weekly/monthly/yearly process of having the hair of one's head (exluding the face) shortened or remove by use of scissors or razor blade.

I have my mother cut my hair. Of course, I would be as happy to let my hair grow, as to shave it all off, as to selectively bore tiny shaver holes into the lot. Knowing that my mother will not do anything ridiculous gives me such security in asking for the most bizarre creations; I will not receive.

The worst haircut that I can imagine having is the Klingon hairstyle, wherein one shaves the front 8cm off of the hairline, and grows a very long lock of hair down the back.

Haircuts:
trim
wave
mullet
rat-tail
shaved
buzz cut
pixie cut
bowl cut

Update: my current (May 22, 2002) haircut is the opposite of the Klingon cut, wherein I have shaved all of my head save a tuft in the front on the top. It gives me an elfish air.

In finance, a "haircut" is the difference between the market value of an asset used as collateral in a loan and the value ascribed to that asset for the purpose of it serving as collateral. The haircut is expressed in terms of a percentage of the market value of the asset, and the size of the haircut represents the cost of the loan. The size of the haircut can vary over time and across lenders and borrowers based on a variety of factors, including perceived riskiness of the asset, perceived riskiness of the borrower, market volatility, and the risk appetite of the lender.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.