An Industrial Metal band from St. Louis that formed in 1993. Several of the guys are originally from Jefferson City, Mo. (Which people from Jeff City really like to point out) They got together to record a track for KPNT-The Point's annual local music compilation, Point Essentials. The track quickly became the most requested song on the station and after getting more airplay around the country they were signed to Wax Trax!/TVT Records.

A few years back they played at KPNT's twice a year concert Pointfest as the headliner. I walked out halfway through the set. I like their music, but after watching Reverend Horton Heat, Green Day, other many other bands over the course of the day I was tired and Riverport Amphitheater pretty much sucks. So I decided to beat the crowd, besides they weren't sounding that great. (Apparently a lot of people agreed with me. I didn't beat the crowd.)

From CzarKhan: "as of January of 2003 Gravity Kills have split up"

The Band:
Matt Dudenhoeffer - guitar
Douglas Firley - keyboard
Kurt Kerns - bass, drums
Jeff Scheel - vocals
Albums:
Superstarved -- Sanctuary (2002)
Perversion -- TVT Records (1998)
Manipulated -- TVT Records (1997)
s/t -- TVT Records (1996)
EPs:
Guilty -- TVT Records (1996)
Also appeared on the soundtracks for Seven, Mortal Kombat, and Escape from L.A..

www.gravitykills.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.