Chewing with intent to sever or penetrate, or to remove all flesh from a bone. Animals caught in leg-hold traps will often try to gnaw off their own legs to escape from them. Rabbits and rodents gnaw wood, plaster etc as well - they've got instincts for it - because it prevents their teeth from growing too long and causing them problems later in life.

Transforms from monster to robot and back!

SHARKTICON: GNAW

FUNCTION: ASSAULT SENTRY
"I live for the taste of an Autobot's fuel line!"

Travels in packs with fellow Sharkticons. Fearless and vicous. Loyal only to the master who last fed him. Powerful tail fin allows him to travel at speeds over 150 knots. Carnivourous with a voracious appetite. Possesses several rows of razor-sharp teeth that can tear through solid steel. In robot mode, carries a maceration laser that shoots salt-based corrosive liquid. Also carries a barbed mace.

  • Strength: 7
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 2
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 5
  • Skill: 5
Transformers Tech Specs


In "Transformers: The Movie" and subsequent episodes of the TV cartoon, Gnaw was never given that name. The Sharkticons were simply an army of identical walking piranha-like robotic sea monsters that served the Quintessons and worked as mindless but obedient foot soldiers. Frankly, I can't understand where a "Sharkticon" would fit into the normal Decepticon army to begin with, so this was probably the best possible solution for an awkward toy-marketing problem.

Gnaw (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Gnawed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Gnawing.] [OE. gnawen, AS. gnagan; akin to D. knagen, OHG. gnagan, nagan, G. nagen, Icel. & Sw. gnaga, Dan. gnave, nage. Cf. Nag to tease.]

1.

To bite, as something hard or tough, which is not readily separated or crushed; to bite off little by little, with effort; to wear or eat away by scraping or continuous biting with the teeth; to nibble at.

His bones clean picked; his very bones they gnaw. Dryden.

2.

To bite in agony or rage.

They gnawed their tongues for pain. Rev. xvi. 10.

3.

To corrode; to fret away; to waste.

 

© Webster 1913.


Gnaw, v. i.

To use the teeth in biting; to bite with repeated effort, as in eating or removing with the teethsomething hard, unwiedly, or unmanageable.

I might well, like the spaniel, gnaw upon the chain that ties me. Sir P. Sidney.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.