Gloom is a Multi-player Total Conversion for Quake2 by Team Reaction.

The goal is to exterminate the other team. To do this, you must eliminate all the opposing players and all of their spawn spots, so they cannot respawn. When a side is totally eliminated, the other team wins. For humans, they spawn from teleporters. Aliens spawn from eggs, which regrow after an alien emerges. Each side has one class which can build new spawns, create defenses and possibly repair friendly units. This class is the engineer for the humans and the Breeder for the aliens.

Was Coded by WhiteNoise
Version 1.2 Was Coded by BinaryC
Then All the fun was Coded out by r1ch

A game released towards the end of the Amiga's life, when Doom was the be-all and end-all of the computer world. Gloom was a cheap rip-off: the entire map was on one level, your weapons had infinite ammo and were all plasma guns, but It Was Doom: But On The Amiga! With marines who fired red balls of light at you, ghosts who could, terrifyingly, walk through walls, the raptors who moved faster than you and shredded you as soon as look at you, and Denzil The Dark Denizen Of Hell Himself, suddenly getting a PC wasn't so important any more.

Gloom (gl&oomac;m), n. [AS. gl&omac;m twilight, from the root of E. glow. See Glow, and cf. Glum, Gloam.]

1.

Partial or total darkness; thick shade; obscurity; as, the gloom of a forest, or of midnight.

2.

A shady, gloomy, or dark place or grove.

Before a gloom of stubborn-shafted oaks. Tennyson .

3.

Cloudiness or heaviness of mind; melancholy; aspect of sorrow; low spirits; dullness.

A sullen gloom and furious disorder prevailed by fits. Burke.

4.

In gunpowder manufacture, the drying oven.

Syn. -- Darkness; dimness; obscurity; heaviness; dullness; depression; melancholy; dejection; sadness. See Darkness.

 

© Webster 1913.


Gloom, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Gloomed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Glooming.]

1.

To shine or appear obscurely or imperfectly; to glimmer.

2.

To become dark or dim; to be or appear dismal, gloomy, or sad; to come to the evening twilight.

The black gibbet glooms beside the way. Goldsmith.

[This weary day] . . . at last I see it gloom. Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.


Gloom, v. t.

1.

To render gloomy or dark; to obscure; to darken.

A bow window . . . gloomed with limes. Walpole.

A black yew gloomed the stagnant air. Tennyson.

2.

To fill with gloom; to make sad, dismal, or sullen.

Such a mood as that which lately gloomed Your fancy. Tennyson.

What sorrows gloomed that parting day. Goldsmith.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.