A racist first person shooter computer game, released by the National Alliance-owned Resistance Records. Advertised as "the most politically incorrect game ever made", the game is set in a city overrun by what the National Alliance considers subhuman races- that is, Blacks, Hispanics, and Jews. The character, who can be either a member of the Ku Klux Klan or a Nazi skinhead, has to kill as many of these "undesirables" as possible before reaching the final boss- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, armed with a rocket launcher.

This game would probably be amusingly offensive, if it weren't for the fact that the makers were serious. When killed, they Blacks make monkey sound effects, the Hispanics say that they "need to take a siesta", and the Jews go "Oy vey.", thus showing the designers' simplistic view of other cultures.

The game's soundtrack was recorded by Resistance Records hate-rock artists, which is another "selling point".

An extremely disturbing reminder of people's ignorance.

Ethnic cleansing is the systematic elimination of unwanted ethnic group(s) from a region or society by one or more of the following methods:

In its original language Serbian/Croation the expression is 'etničko čišćenje' and was used by former Yugoslav Peoples Army governed by Slobodan Milosevic. So it could be deduced that it was initially part of former Yugoslav military terminology.

The term became more widely used in Kosovo around 1981 after mass media reports discussed the establishment of 'Ethnically clean territories'. Initially it described the non-violent treatment of the Serbian minority by the Kosovo Albanians in the independent region within the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.

However the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina helped journalists, politicians and UN institutions coin the term Ethnic Cleansing to describe violation of human rights and humanitarian law which was at the time occurring in Bosnia, Herzegovina and Croatia.


http://www.ejil.org/journal/Vol5/No3/art3.html#TopOfPage
http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/03/30/milosevic.profile/
http://www.infoplease.com/ipd/A0429476.html
http://www.bartleby.com/61/89/E0228950.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.