Description of certain men and their behavior towards women. Someone who pines after that girl they really, really like.. until another one crosses their path and they fixate on that women instead. Interestingly enough, they truly wish only for blissful monogamous relationships and a eternity of dedicating themselves to the woman they love but the object of their affection is as fixed as a feather in the wind. Most likely, such behavior is caused by excessive depression and loneliness. Such men are often gay friends.

This term comes from goats: the comic strip and is a good description of the hapless Jon.

Addendum: I originally wrote this with the idea that if an emotional slut obtained a significant other, they'd stick with them and be faithful, and the slut part was referring to the numerous people they'd chase after hoping for them to be their true love. This could be true for a few.

I think alex.tan's and Electricsound's definition is more true, unfortunately. I'd have to say I used to be one. I never slept with someone else while committed, and I never broke any explicit promises (implied ones, yes), but I did a number of things I regret very much. Strangely enough, my behavior only directly ended one relationship, but that's far more than it should have. What allowed me to get over it? Time. One grows up with time and experience. Relationships with moral and decent people helped. Getting fucked over by someone with even worse issues (might even node them someday) helped as well. So there's hope.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.