Electric sensitivity is a condition where (most likely) a person's neurons are being more vulnerable to disturbance from external sources of electricity than the ones of an average person.

The condition was first spoken of during the 70s, especially in Sweden. Actually, during the first years of awereness of it's "existence", it was generally recognized merely as a Swedish phenomenon.

There's been much amateur debate about whether the phenomenon is a psychological condition where a person's rejective feelings towards electronic devices becomes a sense physical pain, or is it just about neurons behaving abnormally with interference. I personaly believe in the latter.

Anyhow, the condition ought to be pretty irritating. The sufferer shouldn't be able to stay next to or use electric devices for long periods of time. The reported symptoms, when exposed to low-power electromagnetic fields (hairdryers, televisions, etc.), are like the following:

- Unnatural sense of warmth on the facial area
- Muscular pain
- Tendal pain
- Dizziness, loss of concentration
- Headache

...so it pretty much resembles common allergies, I've sometimes even heard it being called electric allergy.

Every sceptic should keep in mind that the human neurons do operate around the voltage of ~20 to ~60 millivolts, so the possibility of the existence of the condition isn't insanely far-fetched. I know there's some research done about low-power electromagnetic fields affecting neural activity of the common people, but I'm not very familiar with it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.