These are reborn protoss soldiers in the game Starcraft. When a soldier becomes mortally wounded or cripppled they can volunteer to be placed in a dragoon exoskeleton. They fire a ball of energy at both ground and air units, much like a photon cannon. When used in conjunction with Zealots or Dark Templar they can be a deadly force.

In the Final Fantasy series of console RPGs, a spear-wielding warrior who fights by jumping to superhuman heights, out of the range of all attacks (and assistance), and then falls upon his or her intended target with his or her spear extended for a large amount of damage. Kain is the classic example.

In the real-time strategy game Starcraft, a member of the Templar caste of the Protoss race who, having been mangled too badly to fight but still wishing to fight alongside his comrades, has what is left of his body put inside a spider-like mechanical exoskeleton through the miracle of cybernetics. A dragoon of the Starcraft variety shoots bolts from its phase disruptor at long range.

Dra*goon" (?), n. [F. dragon dragon, dragoon, fr. L. draco dragon, also, a cohort's standard (with a dragon on it). The name was given from the sense standard. See Dragon.]

1. (Mil.

Formerly, a soldier who was taught and armed to serve either on horseback or on foot; now, a mounted soldier; a cavalry man.

2.

A variety of pigeon.

Clarke.

Dragoon bird Zool., the umbrella bird.

 

© Webster 1913.


Dra*goon", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Dragooned (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Dragooning.]

1.

To harass or reduce to subjection by dragoons; to persecute by abandoning a place to the rage of soldiers.

2.

To compel submission by violent measures; to harass; to persecute.

The colonies may be influenced to anything, but they can be dragooned to nothing. Price.

Lewis the Fourteenth is justly censured for trying to dragoon his subjects to heaven. Macaulay.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.