A double dildo is one of the more exotic items in the world of sex toys. Twin-headed and intimidatingly long compared to a standard dildo, it can resemble a strange species of underwater creature, but it's not as strange as it seems at all. The double dildo is a standard prop in girl-on-girl porn scenes, but it's actually a versatile toy that can be used by playful couples of either gender, or individuals for solo masturbation.

Double dildos are not just for lesbians

A double dildo is designed to allow two people to be penetrated simultaneously. But you don't really need two people to play with a double dildo; it can also be used for masturbation on your own. Here are some quick suggestions of the many ways it can be used:

  • Vagina to vagina: Two women can use a double dildo for simultaneous vaginal penetration.
  • Vagina to ass: The female is penetrated vaginally while her sex partner, female or male, takes the other end of the dildo in the ass.
  • Ass to ass: Two partners of either sex can use a double dildo for simultaneous anal penetration.
  • Double penetration: If the dildo happens to be flexible enough, a woman can insert one end in her vagina and the other in her anus for double penetration.
  • Solo masturbation: A double dildo can also be used like a regular dildo for penetration when masturbating. You then grip the free end and use it as a sort of handle.
The more sexually creative out there can probably come up with even more exciting possibilities. Have you ever wanted to suck cock and eat pussy at the same time? Have your female partner insert a double dildo and then go down on her.

Pushing and Pulling

Using a double dildo can present some logistical problems, for example how do you position yourself to use it, and how do you get it to stay in place while two people are pumping on it from both ends. Some limitations will automatically be imposed by the length of the dildo, the material and flexibility.
The typical double dildo is realistically modeled, made of rubber, silicone or some jelly type of material, ranges in length from 30 to 50 centimetres and comes in different widths as well. While the 30 cm versions allow you to get up close and personal with your sexual partner, the longer dildos give you a bit more maneuvering room. Double dildos made from more flexible materials like jelly rubber or cyberskin can also be easier to use. Some double dildos have a rigid but flexible spine, which makes it possible to bend it into different shapes.

The best position when playing with a double dildo depends on how you're having sex, but here are some of my recommendations:

  • Seated: Sit facing each other, lean back and insert the dildo. Best for vagina-to-vagina.
  • Side by side: Lay side by side, prop one leg up slightly and insert the dildo. Lie face to face for vagina-to-vagina sex. For vagina-to-ass, the one receiving the dildo anally should lie with their back to the other.
  • Back to back: Both partners kneel on all fours facing in opposite directions. Back up toward each other as you insert the dildo. This works best for ass-to-ass fucking, but can also work for vagina-to-vagina or vagina-to-ass.

To get started, it is easiest if one person inserts the dildo first, and the other one moves toward them and inserts the other end. Literal fucking can be a somewhat tricky, as it's easy for the dildo to slip out while you're both pumping on it. During sex, one person may have to hold the dildo in place to keep it steady. Even though it's very hot to think of two people banging away on opposite ends of a double dildo, in practice it works better if one partner stays more or less stationary during the action. One person can grip their end of the double dildo and grind it into the other person, or they can hold it in place while the partner rides their end. One of the cool things about a double dildo is that it's an equalizer, in that you can both take turns being active and passive.

Mind Your Ass

A few words of warning are necessary concerning the use of double dildos for anal penetration. If one end of a double dildo is used in an ass,be it your own or your partner's, that end should not go into a vagina afterwards without being thoroughly cleaned first. Two-headed dildos very often look identical on both ends, so you have to pay attention to keep track of which end has been where. Women using a double dildo for double penetration should keep that in mind as well; use one end for your ass, one for your vagina, and don't get them mixed up. Inserting an object in the pussy after it has been inside a rectum can spread germs that can cause yeast and bacterial infections.

Though the possibility is remote and you'd really have to work hard at it, when using a double dildo anally, you need to see that you don't push it so far into your ass that the whole thing slides up and gets stuck. In general, it's best to only insert toys in your ass that have a flared base, like butt-plugs, to keep them from slipping in past and inside the anal sphincter. Most double dildos are long enough that if you keep a grip on the free end, you're not likely to lose the whole thing. But if your hands are slippery with lube, and you push it a little too far... you may find yourself in a rather embarrassing predicament. If you're concerned about your double dildo getting lost up there, you can get a model with a flange or balls in the middle that will stop it before it goes too far.

Some Other Double Dongs

If the double-headed dildo isn't what you're after, or you're looking for something more ergonometric for dual penetration, you could try a strap-on dildo with a vaginal plug in the harness. The harness holds the smaller dildo inside the wearer while she fucks her partner.
Other double dildos are V-shaped dildos designed to have one of the ends held in place by the wearer's vaginal muscles. The other end of the dildo points up out of her crotch at an angle like an erection, allowing her to fuck her partner as if she were wearing a strap-on.

Finally, for women who likes penetration in the vagina and ass simultaneously, double penetrators fill both holes with two dildos running parallel, shaped and angled to fit into the vagina and asshole at the same time. The vaginal dildo is usually a bit larger and thicker, while the anal dildo is smaller and curved to suit the inner contours of the body. These toys are more suitable for masturbation rather than use with a partner.

My top double dildo tips:

  • Use plenty of lube, especially if you're doing anal.

  • A water-based lube will make inserting your dildo easier. Water-based lubes can be used with all sex toy materials and clean up easily. Don't use oil-based lube on rubber and jelly toys; this it will cause the rubber to disintegrate.

  • Start with one end.

  • Let one partner get the dildo inserted in their vagina or ass before the other starts to put their end in. Trying to get both ends inside at the same time results in the dildo slipping around too much.

  • Hold onto the center.

  • Whilst fucking, have one of you hold the dildo in the middle for stability. This will give both of you some resistance to push against.

  • Take turns with your partner.

  • Double dildos are great equalizers for heterosexual couples because you can both get fucked at the same time, pussy to ass, and you can take turns being the active or passive partner. One of you can hold the dildo in place inside you and fuck the other with it.

  • Double your pleasure with double penetration.

  • A woman can insert one end of a flexible double dildo into her pussy and one end into her ass. This will work best with dildos made of jelly rubber that are about 40 centimetres or longer. Get one end inserted and hold it in place, then push the other cock head into the other hole. I especially like to have my partner gripping the "handle" sticking out from my pussy and ass that results, grinding it towards my crotch.

  • Use the free end.

  • While masturbating with a double dong, take advantage of the free end: rub it on your clit, stick it in your ass, or give it a hand job. You've got a whole other cock sticking out there, so put it to work.

  • Don't go too far up the rear.

  • When stuffing your ass with a double dildo, keep a grip on the free end and don't stick it in so far that it goes up all the way into your rectum. Even if a double dildo can be very long, more than half a meter in some instances, it can go all the way up your ass, and you really don't want it to do that. If it goes all the way into your ass, you will have an extremely hard time getting it out; you may even require medical attention to remove it.

  • Grip the end to use the double dong as a fuck tool.

  • You know those dildos with a handle or grip on one end? Well, you can use one end of a double dong for the same purpose. The unlubricated free end of a double dildo makes a convenient "handle" for fucking yourself or a friend.

  • Use separate ends of the dildo for anal and vaginal insertion.

  • If you want to use one end of a double dildo anally, be sure not to use that end for vaginal insertion until it has been properly cleaned. Inserting anything in the vagina after it has been used anally can lead to infections.

  • Get creative!

  • The double dildo presents a lot of possibilities, so use your imagination. You can suck cock while fucking your friend, or insert the dildo in your partner's ass and then rim their hole while you jack the other cock end.


If you have any other suggestions for fun with a double dong, don't hesitate to send them to me ;-)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.