Motorcycle by Yamaha it is a follow on from the XJ series and comes in two main models the 600cc and 900cc.

The 600cc Diversion comes in two versions the XJ600N and XJ600S the S version having a half fairing and the N being a naked bike. Designed to be a long distance commuter it has a huge following across several countries reaching almost a cult following.

The 900cc version is a commuter or tourer with shaft drive rather than the more common chain drive. With a larger petrol tank it allows for long distance work in comfort.

The 600cc version was last made in 2003 having to be phased out due to new UK emission laws and is now being replaced by the Fazer.

Di*ver"sion (?), n. [Cf. F. diversion. See Divert.]

1.

The act of turning aside from any course, occupation, or object; as, the diversion of a stream from its channel; diversion of the mind from business.

2.

That which diverts; that which turns or draws the mind from care or study, and thus relaxes and amuses; sport; play; pastime; as, the diversions of youth.

"Public diversions."

V. Knox.

Such productions of wit and humor as expose vice and folly, furnish useful diversion to readers. Addison.

3. Mil.

The act of drawing the attention and force of an enemy from the point where the principal attack is to be made; the attack, alarm, or feint which diverts.

Syn. -- Amusement; entertainment; pastime; recreation; sport; game; play; solace; merriment.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.