Discordianism is a joke disguised as a religion. Or is it vice versa? The Discordians regard Lady Eris as the figurehead of chaos, the true nature of the universe. One must accept the natural chaos of the universe to live in harmony, or you&end up fighting true nature, and shall live a life full of painful boredom.

After reading the Principia Discordia (and not believing it, as is suggested by the pentabarf contained therein), it seems to me that the fundamental precept of Discordia is that the traditional division between positive and negative things is Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. Traditionally, Chaos is regarded as Bad and Order is regarded as Good. This is flying baby shit. The Real positive/negative distinction is Creative versus Destructive. Thus, creative disorder (ex: children playing) and creative order (ex: the TCP/IP standard, debatably ;-D) are both good, while destructive disorder (ex: war, bar brawls, skr1pt k1dd13s) and destructive order (ex: the military, Microsoft) are Bad. Of course, since this is Discordianism, any given Discordian may or may not hold this belief.

It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

. .
. .
 .

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.