Also known as "Shit that folds" - Direct Marketing is the businessman's way of explaining all that junk-mail that accumulates in your letterbox. It's physical spam.

Sometimes it's called Database Marketing, because in addition to printing and posting (sometimes) millions of mails, a company usually needs to mine a database in order to work out who talk to and what to say.

It's amazing how huge the industry is that produces this stuff, especialy given that most of this stuff becomes bin-fodder or hamster-cage lining material.

Dear Friend,

Did you know that it's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open? No matter how hard you try the moment that sneeze comes on your eyes weld shut and you're blind as puppy just born into the world. Kind of reminds me of some people who go through life, day after day, doing the same thing and waiting to somehow get their lucky break. You the know the types, the ones who say "Yeah, I'm stuck in a lousy dead end job doing nothing about it but one day I'll be a millionaire." Don't let this be you!

I used to be one of those people and it amazes me how badly I wanted to be a success and how little I did about it. Every day I'd see some rich schmuck blow by me in his limo and think to myself that there was no reason why he was rich and I wasn't. What I didn't tell myself, but should have, was that there was a reason why I wasn't rich and that reason was that I liked to whine about my problems but I wasn't doing anything to fix them!

Now you may ask yourself, why do I care and what does this have to do with me? Well listen up because I'm about to tell you something that could change your life forever. What I'm about to share with you is a powerful realization I had while I was poor and that helped propel me into the top 1% wealthiest people in this country.

What is this powerful secret? Well first let me tell you what it is not. It is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It is not a magic lamp that you can rub to get money, beautiful women and six pack abs without any effort. It is not an idiot proof, certified, impossible to fail way to make a fortune while you sleep. And the simple reason for that is that there are people out there who could cut themselves with a rubber ball and no matter how great any foolproof system is some greater fool is going to muck it up. So please, if you're one of those people who end up on TV after trying to clean your gun with a power drill then save your money and set this letter aside. But if you have a least three functioning brain cells and are willing to put in time, effort, and a little common sense, there is no reason why if you follow these directions you shouldn't achieve the financial success you've always dreamed of. Imagine never having to spend another minute at a job you hate or sacrificing the things you and your family deserve because you couldn't afford them. These things are within your reach and I'm about to show you how to get them.

Ok, so enough foreplay, just what is it I'm talking about? Well, I'm sure you've read in the newspapers all about those Internet billionaires, those smug, self satisfied twenty-four year olds who posted a bunch of nodes on E2 and ended up buying a new Maserati with cash. You might think that you could never do the same thing and that you'd have to be a genius to make money on E2 but you'd be wrong! Some of these guys are dumb as rocks yet they're making money hand over fist from their posts and you can too! You see, what these writeup entrepreneurs lack in book smarts they make up with marketing savvy and an understanding that to make money you don't have to be perfect, you just have to be good enough. That, my friend, is a target anyone can hit and I'm willing to you show you how.

Three months from now I'll be hosting a seminar, the "How To Node For Fun And Profit And Make More Money Than You Ever Thought Possible." There are only twelve spots available so they'll go fast. The attendance fee is $1,295 which is a bargain when you consider how much you'll get out of it. I take Visa, Mastercard, checks and brown paper bags full of money. See you soon!

p.s. Some of you may have heard from naysayers who think that making a living on E2 is too risky. These people are jealous, negative influences and you probably don't want them in your life.

p.p.s. It's not like I have to run this seminar. Unless you've been living in a dumpster the last ten years (in which case you wouldn't have gotten this letter) you've seen my house, my wife, my boat, and my car, they're all over the papers. The guy who picks my dog's ties makes more money than most so-called "responsible breadwinners" so my only real motivation for doing this is the desire to help those who are where I used to be.

p.p.p.s. Real direct marketing aficionados will recognize the opener for this letter as Interesting Fact #28 from the Gary Halbert's newsletter. Track it down if you're curious, it's a real gas.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.