today goes deep

I let it

when someone says "You are too emotional."

it means "I am not comfortable with your emotions."

it is them not me
I could care less
what they think
what they feel
whether they are comfortable with my emotions
they will be on my shit list
until they learn

I am comfortable with my emotions

today goes deep

I let all the darkness rise
grief
anger
disillusionment
humiliation

and my small child

is wild
with joy

this day is yours
small child

I am with you today
all day
you I the Beloved

no shoulds today
no list
nothing that you do not want to do

food
music
warmth
church
beach walk

I will not clean
I will not pay bills
I will not sit with fools
who say I am too emotional

we can laugh
or cry
or rage

would you like to smash a plate?

no
says small child

food
warmth
outdoors
birds
deer
music of the spheres

here
dear one

we go deep


IRON NODER: TOKYO DRIFT5

Deep (?), a. [Compar. Deeper (?); superl. Deepest (?).] [OE. dep, deop, AS. deop; akin to D. diep, G. tief, Icel. djpr, Sw. diup, Dan. dyb, Goth. diups; fr. the root of E. dip, dive. See Dip, Dive.]

1.

Extending far below the surface; of great perpendicular dimension (measured from the surface downward, and distinguished from high, which is measured upward); far to the bottom; having a certain depth; as, a deep sea.

The water where the brook is deep.
Shak.

2.

Extending far back from the front or outer part; of great horizontal dimension (measured backward from the front or nearer part, mouth, etc.); as, a deep cave or recess or wound; a gallery ten seats deep; a company of soldiers six files deep.

Shadowing squadrons deep.
Milton.

Safely in harbor
Is the king's ship in the deep nook.
Shak.

3.

Low in situation; lying far below the general surface; as, a deep valley.

4.

Hard to penetrate or comprehend; profound; -- opposed to shallow or superficial; intricate; mysterious; not obvious; obscure; as, a deep subject or plot.

Speculations high or deep.
Milton.

A question deep almost as the mystery of life.
De Quincey.

O Lord, . . . thy thought are very deep.
Ps. xcii. 5.

5.

Of penetrating or far-reaching intellect; not superficial; thoroughly skilled; sagacious; cunning.

Deep clerks she dumbs. Shak.

6.

Profound; thorough; complete; unmixed; intense; heavy; heartfelt; as, deep distress; deep melancholy; deep horror.

"Deep despair." Milton. "Deep silence." Milton. "Deep sleep." Gen. ii. 21. "Deeper darkness." >Hoole. "Their deep poverty." 2 Cor. viii. 2.

An attitude of deep respect.
Motley.

7.

Strongly colored; dark; intense; not light or thin; as, deep blue or crimson.

8.

Of low tone; full-toned; not high or sharp; grave; heavy.

"The deep thunder."

Byron.

The bass of heaven's deep organ.
Milton.

9.

Muddy; boggy; sandy; -- said of roads.

Chaucer.

The ways in that vale were very deep.
Clarendon.

A deep line of operations Military, a long line. -- Deep mourning Costume, mourning complete and strongly marked, the garments being not only all black, but also composed of lusterless materials and of such fashion as is identified with mourning garments.

 

© Webster 1913.


Deep, adv.

To a great depth; with depth; far down; profoundly; deeply.

Deep-versed in books, and shallow in himself.
Milton.

Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.
Pope.

Deep, in its usual adverbial senses, is often prefixed to an adjective; as, deep-chested, deep-cut, deep-seated, deep-toned, deep-voiced, "deep-uddered kine."

 

© Webster 1913.


Deep, n.

1.

That which is deep, especially deep water, as the sea or ocean; an abyss; a great depth.

Courage from the deeps of knowledge springs.
Cowley.

The hollow deep of hell resounded.
Milton.

Blue Neptune storms, the bellowing deeps resound.
Pope.

2.

That which is profound, not easily fathomed, or incomprehensible; a moral or spiritual depth or abyss.

Thy judgments are a great.
Ps. xxxvi. 6.

Deep of night, the most quiet or profound part of night; dead of night.

The deep of night is crept upon our talk.
Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.