And in the dark, the dragon wakes. Softly, squeaking like an old wheel turning ever so slowly, but steadily rising; every falling star regaining its wings and soaring beyond burning worlds, galaxies on fire. There was a star like that, with the heart of an immortal reptile, the scaled dreamer living a life of flames, living within memory and outside of time; I knew your name so well, I could never forget you.

And everything you were was a mirage, a wish floating on the soft breeze of the summers of my childhood; where the sun stained everyone´s skin but left mine paper white and ever so thin. I was a thing of winter, the child of the north and the evergreens. I was the one who belonged where I should never have belonged; so they threw me out. They challenged me and I lost; I know how to lose.

So, now, in the dark, the dragon wakes. Now the memories rise from their dust and cry out their burning desires, now I speak your name. Listen to me, come to me, complete me. I have been dry and I have been listless; I´ve lain dead in a pool of hospital lights and pill boxes, asking myself for whom all this is done. It is for you, everything has always been for you; you are worthy and you are beautiful. For you, the reptile heart burns and drives the wheels of time, for you, for you.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.