The d66 is a die that is not a die. There is, AFAIK, no such thing as a physical d66.

The d66 is however, used extensively in old Games Workshop games, and ocasionaly elsewhere. The principle is that you roll two differently coloured d6, and say beforehand which colour is to be the tens digit, and which is to be the units. This gives 36 possible results between 11 and 66. As it is not continuous (at least not if you interpret the result in base 10) it can only really be used for randomization tables, of which GW was VERY fond.

Modern games tend to use d100 instead of d66 for big randomization tables, as they're more intuitive (being percentile). I believe the only reason d66 were used in GW games was because most of the GW game systems were based mainly around d6, and most players didn't have the d10 needed to do percentile rolls

D66 is a political party in the Netherlands. It's an abbreviation of Democraten '66, and was founded in, well, 1966. It's the first party to choose for a balance between the environment and the economy and is a progressive social liberal party.

The current leader of the party is Thom de Graaf, and the party has 7 seats in the 150-seat parliament (the Tweede Kamer), 4 in the 75-seat Eerste Kamer and 2 in the European Parliament.

D66 stands for personal freedom and the ability for people to lead their own lives by their own values, and they're supporters of the unalienable right to the freedom of speech. Following from that, they also support the right to self-determination over your body, supporting euthanasia and abortion.

During the 2002 elections they opted for new educational and healthcare system, as there were huge problems finding teachers and doctors. They also wanted to increase the budget for culture and change the policies for the WAO (Wet Arbeidsongeschiktheid, Law on the Incapacity for Work) so more people with disablities can get better jobs and simplify the tax system by scrapping allowable deductions in exchange for lower rates.


Sources: http://www.d66.nl/
http://www.eerstekamer.nl/
http://www.tweede-kamer.nl/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.