Babylon 5 Season 3, Episode 2. Written by J. Michael Straczynski, directed by Mike Vejar. Originally aired on November 13, 1995.


Primary Plot: Lennier is seriously injured trying to save Londo after a mad bomber starts planting bombs in crowded locations.

Secondary Plot: Brother Theo attempts to start a religious mission aboard station.

Commentary: This is a pretty good payoff of sorts to Comes the Inquisitor, as JMS establishes that the peculiar brand of righteous insanity practiced by Jack the Ripper is still very alive and kicking in 2260.

Doing a few scenes on the care Londo shows towards Lennier after the accident is another example of Straczynski pulling back the portrayal of Mollari just a little (similar to what he did in There All The Honor Lies), just to remind everyone that he's not a complete monster.

Convictions is the first episode with Brother Theo and his Merry Band of Companions, which I always thought was pretty stupid. Designed to show the more spiritual side of B5, I guess. Apparently everyone else thought it was pretty dumb, too, because after Season 3 you don't see them again.

There's a very good Londo/G'Kar scene late in the show when both men are trapped in a lift together because of one of the bombings. It shows just how terrified Londo is of G'Kar, and also how G'Kar has become so depressed (almost to the point of insanity) due to recent events that he doesn't really care about his own death--because in dying, he'll get to watch Mollari die alongside him.


Return to the Babylon 5 Episode Guide.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.