Believe it or not, coasters are a fun and entertaining way to create music and amuse your friends. This really only works best with your mother's crystal coasters, wood and plastic don't really do anything but make good Frisbees and, well...coasters! Here's what you do: Give each friend a coaster and have them hold it between thumb and index finger. With the other hand, have them thump the coaster with their other index finger by flicking it off the thumb. This should create a nice resounding "ding". It's very important to figure out each coaster's pitch. Since no two coasters are exactly alike, they each have their own note). You may want to line your friends up according to the pitch of their note. For example, the highest pitch in the front of the line, and the lowest in the back. Now you're ready to play. Start simple, Mary Had a Little Lamb, or Twinkle Little Star are good ones to start with. Before long, you and your friends will be able to play renowned pieces, such as Beethoven’s 6th symphony or Handle’s Messiah. This just goes to show you, that when used correctly, coasters can provide hours of entertainment!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.