A method of psychological torture in which the victim was tied to a table with the head strapped down. Water was slowly dripped onto the victim's forehead until they cracked.

It doesn't sound that bad, but there are actual reports from people who experienced this who confirm that waiting for each drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip was absolutely, terrifyingly maddening.

Also used in sexual dominance settings; the CWT is very effective when the drip is aimed at the clitoris. Of course, the victim is typically tied down, often backwards over a barrel or similar setup, so that the genitals are facing up, with the clitoris exposed.

Can be very intense, especially if the master leaves the room for an undetermined period of time. Blindfolds also work well.

The trick -- not that I've had personal experience with this, so quit looking at me like that -- is to slow the rate at which the water drips until the lucky contestant can almost -- but not quite -- predict when the next drop will fall. A deliciously dreadful sense of expectation builds up --

"...willitfall? whenwillitfall? itshouldhavefallenbynow? whywon'titfall? howlonghasitbeen? amIlosingmymind? pleasefall,prettywaterdroplet. please. I'llbegood. pleasefall. whywon'titfall?..."

-- only to be replaced by immense shock and relief when it finally does...and the cycle immediately begins anew. The tantalising release of tension prevents the subject from withdrawing too far inside themself (as with prolonged torture by Western and other Chinese methods) yet is too brief to allow them to locate themself outside the world the torturer has built for them (because the torturer does not need to rest, and pauses to assess physical damage are unnecessary; we are NOT in the business of execution here, peoples).

Guaranteed to get your mind whitey-white, or your money back.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.