The concept is so simple and sounds so delicious that I'm surprised I'd never heard of it until recently and equally surprised that I've never eaten it or thought of it myself. Chili pizza! Most of us love chili and most of us love pizza. So let's combine the two!

Here's what we'll need:

  • Your favorite chili recipe. I suggest my Sweet 'n hot chili recipe, of course, since I noded it.
  • Pizza crust. There are also various recipes for this. I would probably just buy a mix, unless I felt particularly ambitious.
  • Mexican and Mozzarella cheese. How much Mexican and how much mozzarella you use depends on how Mexican you want the pizza to be or how Italian. You could go either way.
  • Pepperoni. It's probably the best topping since the chili will most likely already have plenty of veggies and hamburger in it.

Preheat your oven to 450° Fahrenheit (230° Celsius, Gas Mark 8). Make your crust. Spread it on a greased pizza pan. I like to put the crust in the oven for a few minutes before making the pizzas so it is extra crispy. I am from St. Louis so you know we like our pizza crusts crispy!

Put the chili on the crust as if it is/instead of the pizza sauce. Then apply the cheese and toppings in whatever fashion you prefer. Stick it in the oven for 15-20 minutes and voila! chili pizza.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.