Cheap tequila is a good mainstay of the cheap pitcher of margaritas.

It is cheap not only in terms of cost, but in ingredients as well. A good tequila has as its source sugar the blue agave plant, which is found only in Mexico. By law, any tequila must be at least 51% de agave, with the other 49% coming from, for example, corn. Such tequilas are said to be of the type mixto. Good tequila is 100% de agave, which means that the only source of sugar fermented is the pulp of the blue agave plant.

A better tequila is also aged in charred oak barrels. However, superpremium tequila is not aged for 20 years or more, like scotch or rum might be. Its flavor is best preserved over a much shorter duration.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.