Alcoholic beverage made from equal amounts of strong, blazingly hot tea and Drambuie.

The tea must be of the kind made from real tea leaves, and not those excuses for tea you can buy everywhere and tastes like a cross between warm lemon pop, dead Pepsi and water you just washed your socks in. The tea part and the Drambuie part is equally important, hence the balance of ingredients in camel tea.

Some years ago I drank copious amounts of camel tea over a period of time, becoming drunk in the strangest ways imaginable. I stopped doing camel tea since the hangovers were angst-ridden and felt like a 22 metric-ton truck was inconveniently parked on top of your ear while your other ear faced downwards on top of a particularly nasty and spiked small rock and the whole arrangement jumped slowly up and down like a bullet-time scene from Matrix. It's the closest thing to a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster in this arm of the Milky Way.

You get the idea.

The term "camel tea" was a local one from where I was born and raised, and that's the more cold and annoying parts of Scandinavia. I've never heard anyone outside of my old local community refer to it, and I have no idea whatsoever where either the recipe or the confusing name comes from. Maybe just as well.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.