Used in electronics, this is usually part of a circuit board that has a terminal block on it that allows you to easily interface wires from other electronics to the board. This helps make a unit more modual while retaining its functionality and simplicity. Examples of what gets pugged in are motor controllers, various sensors, and sometimes other boards.

Somewhat different than the breakout box used in testing. I have personally only encountered them in the assembly of motion control projects.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.