To brainstorm is to invoke all the creativity and randomness that you own. It's also an overused buzzword in The Biz. Brainstorming on an idea is supposed to solve all the problems with it. I know! Let's brainstorm Goedel's Incompleteness Theorem!

First half of movie: Christopher Walken and friends develop a device to record and play back stimuli to / from the human brain. Note that this was released over ten years before Strange Days and one year before William Gibson's first book.

Second half of movie: Cow-orker dies while connected to brain-VCR thingy. The Man takes the tape for military research. Christopher Walken decides that his life's goal is now to watch that tape.


All in all a movie well ahead of its time. Often underrated (though most DVD stores seem to burn through a lot of stock).

Transforms from jet to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: BRAINSTORM

FUNCTION: BIOMECHANICAL ENGINEER
"The strongest tyrant cannot crush freedom of thought."

So full of ideas that he often begins disclosing a new one before he finishes explaining an old one. Worked with the mysterious Nebulan medical doctor, Arcana, to whom he's binary-bonded, to devise new technology that created the Headmasters. In jet mode, maximum speed: 5200 mph. Range: 8000 miles. In robot mode, carries high-energy photon pulse cannons. Sometimes overheats and shorts out sections of his cerebro-circuitry.

  • Strength: 5
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 9
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 8
Transformers Tech Specs


The Autobot Headmasters were all styled after semi-futuristic vehicles, each a different kind; Brainstorm was the jet, although "spaceship" would be a more accurate description, since he had more in common with an X-Wing than an X-1. He and Highbrow were the only evidence that the Autobots had gotten over their predisposition toward ground vehicles, since their Targetmaster lineup was entirely four-wheeled.

collaborative problem-solving that fosters creativity by means of status levelling and suspending censorship.

Temporary hive mind, attempting to create something in a group by means of synergy.

Sometimes bothersome because it's hard on the ego. The ego says things like: screw this touchy-feeley bullshit. It won't work. The ideas are unworkable. Forget this taking. I have real work to do.

The temporary replacement of Occam's razor with Buke's butterknife to solve a problem that has pleateaued at a local maximum and is therefore resistant to hill climing algorithms.

I said therefore, so I must be being logical

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.