An artifact, from ADOM.

These boots can be found underneath the quickling queen's feet in the quickling tree, meaning you need the thin and nimble and very light corruptions to get them. They give you +30 (!) speed, but also increase corruption, curse you, and doom you. They're not really a great long-term option for extra speed, because of the corruption. Since you're already in the quickling tree, you can always just munch on some quickling (lord, queen, king) corpses to gain intrinsic speed.

Their value is largely in the fact that they're an artifact (see also: si, amulet of raw steel, shield of raw steel). They can be sacrificed, sold, or fed to the demented ratling.

Greater Identification:

------ boots of great speed ------

Weight: 20s

When worn it modifies DV by +5 and PV by +0.
(Same as eternium boots + 1 scroll of defense)

When used in melee combat it grants a +0 bonus to hit and causes 1d3 points of damage. When used as a missile it grants a +0 bonus to hit and causes 1d2 points of damage.
(A rather silly use for boots)

It contains the essence of Chaos and Corruption. (Corrupts you faster when you carry it around, even faster if you actually wear them)
It modifies your speed by +30. (Very nice)
It grants bad luck. (Curses you, ouch)
Wearing it makes you doomed. (Double ouch)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.