Here's a quick and easy quiche recipe that's good for when you have vegetarian guests over for the holidays and you don't know what to make for them that's somewhat filling ..and isn't salad.
I mean, really.. Why is it always salad for the vegetarians? Poor things.
This recipe is really easy to do and quick to make. Mind you, you can make this in advance and freeze it, heating it up as per the need (hell, grocery stores do that all the time). But seeing as how quick and easy (deja vu?) it is to make, it's always best to make it fresh.

Please note that although it's "vegetarian", this recipe does include eggs.


what you'll need: what to do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Melt butter in a large skillet. Sauté onion until slightly transparent. add in green bell pepper and garlic. Cook until tender.
  3. Stir in spinach and sauté some more.
  4. Set aside.
  5. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, evaporated milk, milk, basil, salt and pepper until well combined. It is recommended that you use a hand mixer on the highest setting for this but a whisk and some good ole elbow grease works the same. Just remember that the more air you get into the mixture, the fluffier it'll be. Makes sense, eh?
  6. Now stir in the spinach mixture, combining the swiss cheese, some of the parmesan cheese and the pine nuts (if you got any).
  7. Divide, pour, or whatever you need to do to the mixture between the two pie crusts.
  8. Sprinkle tops with some more parmesan cheese.
  9. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until centers are just set.
Now wasn't that quick and easy?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.